Shoreline Massage Therapy: Deep Tissue, Therapeutic and Pregnancy Massage Services in Shoreline and North Seattle
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone: (206) 861-3243
Medical Massage Therapy: Serving Seattle and Shoreline
Medical Massage Therapy is the use of massage therapy for the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Usually 50-55 minutes long
- May include stretching, ice, heat, topical analgesic creams, exercises and a structured treatment plan
- Begins with an assessment of your condition
- You and your therapist will create goals for your future massage appointments
- Is often covered by health insurance plans
During a Medical Massage Therapy session, there is usually stretching involved. The stretching may be done passively (without the client’s assistance) or actively (requesting the client’s assistance). Sometimes, a Medical Massage session may also include the use of ice or heat to further assist in the treatment of the areas.
A list of common conditions treated using Medical Massage Therapy are:
- Disc Herniations
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Frozen Shoulder
- Shoulder Pain
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Neck pain
Benefits of receiving Medical Massage therapy are:
- Decreased Scar Tissue Formation
- Increased Range of Motion
- Decreased Pain / Increased Comfort
- Increased circulation to the affected areas
Many health insurance plans cover Medical Massage Therapy with a referral from your doctor. Living Massage is an in-network provider for most major insurance carriers. Please click here to see a complete list.
If you would like to schedule a Medical Massage Therapy session, please obtain your referral from your doctor and then call to make an appointment.
© 2016 Living Massage. All rights reserved. The Living Massage logo is our trademark.
All others are property of their respective owners.